Sunday, December 18, 2005

Songs of the week

This week has been rather cool, and also seen me trying to absorb way more bands than i can physically manage. I've been talking to lots of new people about music which has obviously led to me wanting to listen to more stuff, i've found a few more really awesome mp3 blogs (which will be added to the list on the right later on sometime.... :S) and i've got some more cd's! Heh. My Bon Jovi 100,000,000 fans can't be wrong arrived from Amazon, along with All Hands on the Bad One by Sleater-Kinney, my Panic! At the Disco album FINALLY ARRIVED XD and i also recieved a Thrice album from Mikey B last night for my christmas present :) Friends ROCK. But yea, so basically, iv all but filled my hard drive (about 0.6gb spare right now?! Opps?!) with random music, and, erm, hmmmm. I need to try and get through more. But its hard to keep up with my own thirst for music. Yea i'm sane.

So the first track today comes from the large volume of music found in the Bon Jovi set. I have yet to watch the dvd that came with it, but iv litened to a lot of the trascks off the 4 cd's. I wasn't really impressed with the demos, but the unreleased songs include a few gems. My current personal pic has to be the following. It's one of those songs where i found myself going "YES, thats how it feels"! I love getting that after listening to a song for the first time. It's just, that great feeling of after breaking up with someone who was like "this will last forever" and "I'll never be able to live without you" and then seeing them run off with someone else.... It's not the anger at them, but the latter consideration of "well, why AREN'T you dead?!". I like that muchly. And yes Katie this is a hint. :P

# Why Aren't You Dead? - Bon Jovi


The second track today is much more depressing but in a good way. I'm sure most of you won't like it, but, i do, and i'd like to share it. It actually comes from the Ally McBeal "A Very Ally Christmas" soundtrack, with lots of random christmas songs. And this is kind of christmassy in passing, but that's not the focus at all. I believe after having a quick check on t'internet that it was originally done by Joni Mitchell, but, this is the first time i'd heard it. And i like it muchly. He has such a gorgeous voice. I'd love to be serrenaded. I'm sure my perfect girl will do that. *nods* Heh. I'm waiting.... :P

# River - Robert Downey, jr.

No comments:

Post a Comment