Sunday, December 11, 2005

Songs of the week

Howdily ho again. Last night was my work xmas meal/do type thing. It was fucking AWESOME. All you need is a nice buffet, lots of lovely people, and a £450 bar tab. It was such a cool night! I spent most of it with Rachel, Sarah, Sophie, Chris and Rob. We were all jsut chatting about random things, including, as a random example, the 'first time'. There were muchly differences. I wont embarass people by being specific, but, there was "It was awesome" (female) to "My god i hated it" (male) heh. Was muchly amusing and enlightening? I like working with people who are comfortable to talk about such things, admitadly when we were all moderaltely wasted! But yea, there's also more stuff that people keep remembering. I didnt remember until mum found it that i'd brought a roadworks sign home. Opps? It's cool though! Hehe. Anyway. Music.....

My first track is one that's been played a fair amount this week. It's not a great song but i really like the chorus. It's by The Starting Line who many of you will already know, and of whom iv already psoted a track (an acoustic version of The Best of Me). Personally i find they're bouncy but emotionalised pop-punk-ness goes well with One:Day:Life, so, yea. Ummm. I'm not sure where to take that now. Oh well.
The whole album, Say It Like You Mean It, it's a really cool album that encompasses this, well, cool-type-thing-going-on. It's been a LONG day ok? I'm doing this post for YOU! I'm tired :P Oh sod it here's the song...

# Decisions, Decisions - The Starting Line


The second song is quite an odd choice actually. Everyone has by now heard the over-hyped Arctic Monkeys. I'm not saying they're NOT really good, however, there are a LOT of awesome bands who barely even get recognised! Why on earth this one deserves so much bloody attention is beyond me. Anyway, this song is really to prove that they do have something going on. It's the first b-side of the single I Bet You Look Good on the Dancefloor and i love it. It's just a really well written, good song! It could've so easily been a double A single. This is the kind of quality single i like. Very few bands achieve it (especially with a second decent b-side track, Chun Li's Spinning Bird Kick being thrown into the £1.99 bargain. Basically, buy this single. I know its old now, but, still. Very good. Very very good. Go. Buy. NOW!

# Bigger Boys and Stolen Sweethearts - Arctic Monkeys

No comments:

Post a Comment