Sunday, December 04, 2005

Songs of the week

Well, it being sunday, and me being a bit, y'know, subdued and stuff, thought today should be the chance to share a couple of songs that have really been a big part of this week for me.
The first, well, i'm sure most of you will just laugh at and ignore, but i think it's a damn good song.
"Good Charlotte said they like McFly, is half their fan base gonna cry? It's so pathetic dry your eyes. When you gonna realise a tune's a tune. I don't know why, the metal heads want us to die. But these days they're all under 9, so i'll be fine."
This has become one of my favourite song verses ever. It's really well paced, and written. I just, i duno. It sums up my view of a lot of peoples idea of "musical taste". There's too much image invovled these days. Get over yourselves people. Especially small people, caus, well, you're SMALL.
So anyway, yea, for those who don't know from that, it's a Son of Dork song. I bought the album when it came out, in the basic hope of extending some form of Busted. Now, the first single Ticket Outta Loserville was a bad choice in my opinion. It's an okay song, but nothing standout, and definately nothing to try and compete with Busted's former hits. Anyway, despite a few bad opening tracks (basically feel free to skip to track 5 when listening to the album) there are some good songs burned into its lovely ickle shiney skin. A lot of people suddenly seem to like Murder in the Mosh, which is of a similar "screw your images" vein, but, well, i think this is a lot better. So, to end my continual ramblings about it, here it is...

# Boyband - Son of Dork

The second song i've been listening to over and over this week is comparatively speaking much more credible. Most of you i'm sure by now, either of your own accord or following my intense harassment will have heard The Only Difference Between Martyrdom And Suicide Is Press Coverage by Panic! At the Disco. But this track is really one that's grown on me since the addiction to that song. It manages to bring forth memories of so many different people, so many relationships of such intensley varying depth. I can't help but love it and just, yea. Ha.
Basically, if you haven't heard of Panic yet this is as good a start as any. They sound very much like Fall Out Boy which is no real suprise to anyone. However, that to most people reading this i'm sure, will be a good thing.

# Lying is the Most Fun a Girl Can Have Without Taking Her Clothes Off - Panic! At The Disco

(Oh, and i had to post this song after FINALLY watching Closer last night. Brilliant film, really REALLY good. If you don't get the link, watch the film and you'll understand!)

3 comments:

  1. I'm suprised that Panic! are so well known in the UK already. Great band, excellent lyrics. Love them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. "I don't know why the metalheads want us to die
    But these days they're all under nine
    So I'll be fine "

    I dunno, I like that half of the verse better :-D

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's fantastic isn't it? Hehe. Id LOVE to go to Indie and have that played, haha. How funny would that be?! =)
    Yea, i'm cool...

    ReplyDelete