Wednesday, December 14, 2005

Mendnesday - Mending Monday and Wednesday posts for over 5 minutes

Okay, so due to other engagements (Zest, work, sleep and the such) I couldn't post Monday, or make up for it Tuesday, and i very nearly didn't get the chance to do tonights. However, i was annoyed at the thought of missing 2 whole posts in a single week, so i thought i'd try and make up for it with an amalgamated double-whammy type post. So. Acoustic Mondays + Cover Wednesday = Mendnesday, the day of acoustic covers! Hehe. Cunning i tells ya. Oh, and you get 4 whole songs today. FOUR. Damn straight. I'd give you a fifth bonus one if i had a decent enough quality one, but sadly most acoustic covers are live, and, as such often poor quality. Of course the live lounge tracks generally rock, which is why you already get two in this post. So, without further, erm, adu? I've never had to write that word before. Or even type it. Yea. I'd look it up but i don't care. Any comments telling me how to spell it will be happily ignored. Ignorance is bliss.

I'll start off then with the two live lougne tracks. I'm not gonna go into how cool the live lounge is, i've said it before and, you should already know. These two tracks really work for me, the first because it's just, well, awesome? (albeit a loud sound file, appologies but i have no programme to change this!) The second however is so good because it proves how WHO sings a song can be so important. Im not a sugababes fan, but i sort of like the song by them. By Starsailor, it becomes awesome. I'd like to thank little miss Kateman for the second track too caus she sent it to me and i love her muchly for it :P Oh and caus she rocks and stuff etc...
So, anyway, here they are. I actually typed "hear they are" the first time. Like, a subconcious pun. Or something. Dammit! Back to the songs...

# Don't Look Back in Anger (live acoustic) - Maroon 5

# Push the Button (live acoustic) - Starsailor


The third track for today was featured on the oc and REALLY got me into the artist. Ryan Adams is fantastic at producing really well written and often highly depressing songs. It just provides a really good twist to sung a well known song. It's weird, i've got nothing against Oasis. I just think their songs are better sung by someone else? :P I don't think this song was ever put on one of the soundtrack albums? Appologies if it was. I still haven't got round to buying them yet, but they do have some really good songs. The problem is there's no real reason to them? Other than they were on the programme of course. The only exception is the third one being a themed Chrismukkah disc. Which i haven't actually heard yet... DAMMIT! I'll just hush and give you the song now...

# Wonderwall - Ryan Adams


Saving the best til last, this has become one of my favourite tracks ever. When i was first got this, it was just out of curiousity, i'd never been a fan of the original song really. But, my word. I've loved Rufus Wainwright's voice since hearing his version of Hallelujah on the Shrek soundtrack. And this live rendition of Careless Whisper truely shows how amazing his voice is, and works wonderfully with Ben Folds. For me this is what music is all about. Beauty, in the songs and how its sung. It made me cry so many times when i first listened to it. I'm sure most of you won't find this to be so moving, of course it changes person to person what really 'gets to them', but i just wanted to share with you one of my true musical loves.

# Careless Whisper (live) - Ben Folds & Rufus Wainwright

2 comments:

  1. Yeah I rock
    *sings* If you're ready for me boy you better push the button and let me know! hehe go Starsailor!

    ReplyDelete