Monday, January 16, 2006

Topic Time: Meant to Be

I just watched Serendipity. It's always a problem. It really gets to me... I love it so much. If you haven't seen it, it's about two people who meet for just a few hours but are both already in relationships. They let fate decide if they'll ever meet again, and the film follows the failure of their other relationships as the world draws them together again. Yes, i'm sure most people hate it, but i like to believe in such love. Such possiblity. And that's why i've picked the songs today.


# All Time Love - Will Young

I know starting off with master Young isn't exactly the *best* way to win people over, but, i've been suprised at my liking of his latest album. Some random family person (duno who!) got it for christmas, so i swiped it onto here. Switch It On was the song that really grabbed me, but, as i was flicking through the lyrics booklet deely, i noticed how gorgeous the words to this one was. It's exactly the dream =)


# Such Great Heights - The Postal Service

Okay, i had no intetion of posting this song after already giving you Sleeping In by the band a cover of another of their songs yesterday, *however*, lately this song has really, really got to me. It's so...mmmmmm! The lyrics are wonderful and it's all so YAY! I love songs like that. It doesn't ever make me feel "yuk", just, kinda warm inside, heh.


# The Best of Me - The Starting Line

So you've had an acoustic version of this before, and i'm sure most of you know it, but, as a reminder listen to it NOW! Relationships aren't easy, but, when they're right you'll know, and you'll fight every little bit to keep things together. This also kinda follows the trend of long distanceness seen in the last song, hehe. Damn intermaweb...

I know these three songs are muchly different in style, but, they still all give me that same kinda feeling. Hope is a wonderful thing. I don't mean to sound so cheesy and stupid, but, hope is all we have most the time, the idea of something better. Whether it be of true love, world peace, or that your new mp3 player arrives before you have to travel to Wales, it's all important. Now stop reading my rambles and do something nice. Smile =)

1 comment:

  1. hey!
    you took the piss outta me for listening to Will Young on Christmas day!now your doing it!
    well if your gonna listen to it, listen to "Who Am I" my favorite off that album.

    Love you hunny x

    ReplyDelete