Monday, January 09, 2006

More new stuff to ramble about...

I had a quick count this morning. Excluding ep's, singles, copied cd's and compilation albums i've got about 200 albums. Now, i'm not sure if that seems like a lot or not. Oh well, i'll just keep spending way too much money on them anyway. I've got my old cd rack back off my sister as well now, so i can fit all my cds in stuff when the new ones arrive from Amazon =) Anyway....


# Sleeping In - The Postal Service

I've had the Postal Service album for a fair while now, on my computer. And, i've always liked it, but, never really got into it... So, the other day i FINALLY got round to picking it up from HMV, and im SO glad i did. Iv fallen asleep to it twice already =) This album really is gorgeous. And the guy i bought it off said they've got a new album coming out soon? But he then said other stuff about it and i didn't really hear caus i had to move to get discount... :S Anyway! This album is muchly relaxing and lovely, and has some really beautiful lyrics. The song i've chosen for you here is a fantastic song for lazy mornings, or lazy nights when you don't have to get up the next morning. Makes me feel all snuggly and yay, hehe. Best, song, description, EVER!
If you want to listen to their more famous song Such Great Heights, you can download it from the subpop site for them.


# Ever So Sweet - The Early November

Lovely Rachel [*huggles* =)] sent me a song by this band a few days back, and i really liked it, and so when i went in to hmv and found one of their albums sitting so nicely there, i had to buy it, hehe. This is the first track off of the album, The Room's Too Cold, and i just really like it :) Im a sucker for acoustic emo stuff though, so, yknow, it was expected :P Just give it a lsiten and i guess you'll find uot fairly quickly if it's your kind of thing :)


# New Disaster - I Am the Avalanche

Another great band on Drive-thru records that i've recently found is I Am the Avalanche. An angst filled album of grrr-ness is how i'd currently describe it, hehe. But its all good. I'm jsut really enjoying the change of style from listening to Panic! over and over again, heh. The song here, along with an acoustic version of I Took a Beating, are what made me buy the album =)



I've actually got a fair few more odds and sods that i've really liked atm but i'm gonna save them because, well, i can :P So check back soon and we'll see what else comes up, heh.
Oh, and , feel free to click on the google adds at the top of the page. For those who don't know, i get an ickle amount of money for each time someone goes onto one of the linked pages. They're mostly randomly dull things, but, yea. Especially as my hours have been cut drastically, any extra money coming in is muchly appreaciated! Cheers!

1 comment:

  1. seeeee i am the best!
    you choose the best song off that album too hunny, i love ever so sweet.
    you should check out there other album too, For All Of This. its got that song on that i sent you!
    and i sing that subways song to you n i dont live in a scruff of a house!
    loves you x x x

    ReplyDelete