Wednesday, January 25, 2006

Get in to: Me First and the Gimme Gimmes

I only found this wonderful covers band fairly recently. Most people have heard of them, and i know a substaintional number have people listen to odd songs, but, yknow, you should buy the albums *nods* They're rockin! Go check out their official site too =)


# Uptown Girl - Me First and the Gimme Gimmes

I have to confess, i've always loved this song. Even when Westlife covered it, i sang along! I'm not ashamed to love it =) It's from the album Have a Ball which also strangely enough has Mandy! Another song i don't care who it's by! But the thing is, i especially love the way Me First crafts them in decent bouncy rockin songs! It's just SO nice. I get fed up of covers that don't change anything. But with Me First, they take classics and they make them their own. It's brilliant!


# I'll Be There - Me First and the Gimme Gimmes

The lyrics of this song are awesome, and it does seem to be regularly covered, but sadly, not enough by more punk pop rock bands. THANKYOU Me First for giving me a version i can love forever :P I actually want this to be played at my wedding, hehehe. Sadly, i think it'd be inapropriate. But this song will play in one form or another. It comes from by far my favourite of the Me First albums Take a Break which is their most recent i own (being from 2003, only one other having been released since as far as i'm aware) and it really is rocking. It also contains I Believe I Can Fly and Nothing Compares 2 u, which both become credible songs in these forms! YAY :P


# You've Got a Friend - Me First and the Gimme Gimmes

As a random little bonus, this track comes from a Japanese EP, and i'm really dissapointed it has yet to feature on a main album released over here. 'Here' being in fact America and then imported, but, yknow. Hush. I love the opening and closing *tribute* to the Ramones, heh. Oh, and, if you're wondering, no its NOT the disney song featured in Toy Story :P It's BETTER!

No comments:

Post a Comment