Monday, January 30, 2006

Acoustic Monday - but that's *so* 2005

It's been a while since i've done an acoustic post, and i fancied doing something a lil different, so, yknow, why not? Heh.


# Today (acoustic) - Smashing Pumpkins

I must confess, i don't listen to this band anywhere near enough. I remember seeing them ages ago on the Simpsons and never having a clue who they were! But yea, that was when i was young and musically uninfluenced. I wasn't like i am now all my life, heh. Just makes it all the sweeter now =) But yea, this is still my favourite Smashing P's song, closely followed by Zero. I really must actually buy an album of theirs and sit down and listen to it properly :( Them and a hundred other bands. Bah.




# I Took a Beating (acoustic) - I Am the Avalanche

Is it wrong one of the deciding factors in buying I Am the Avalanche's album was the band were on the Drive Thru label? Heh. Oh well! Tis a rockin label :P What i now would muchly like, is this split ep which the above track is featured on. In fact doing this post just inspired me to order it :P This acoustic version isn't much different from the 'standard' version of the song but for the slightly softer sound i muchly prefer it.


# Semi-Charmed Life (acoustic) - Third Eye Blind

Yes, OK, i got into this band through American Pie. I've come to terms with that, and i hope you can too! It was actually their song Jumper that really made me fall in love with them, and they really are a nice middle of the road staple band. And yea, that's good enough for me, music's not all about everyone sounding as different as possible, a lead's unique voice is enough a change most the time, heh. As with the last song, the acoustic version isn't much really different to the original, but its just nice n soft. Makes a good little change from always listening to the same song again and again!

2 comments:

  1. The Smashing Pumpkins are definatly worth a listen, although they're not everyone's cup of tea. You choose a good one but I personally would have gone for Winterlong...which could be because it has so many good memories for me...but...meh. Wish Billy's new stuff was this good...

    eddie

    ReplyDelete
  2. thank you for giving me songgggsssss!!! (that's "songs" not "snogs" by the way...)

    helen xxx

    ReplyDelete