Sunday, January 15, 2006

Songs of the week

So, here we are. It's sunday. I'm free to POST! Yay! Heh. Anyway, lets just get straight on with it shall we?

# Where's the Pleasure - Protocol

Jo/Roo sent me this track, but, sadly, i know nothing about the band or anything, and obviously Protocol is a fairly commonly used band name, so not much luck in trying to look anything up online about them. But oh well. It's a cool song which i keep coming back to this week. Give it a listen, and if you know more about them or a website i can find them at, let me know =)


# Simple Sincerity - Radish

I've loved this song ever since Katie sent it to me a while back now, and i finally got hold of the album it's from last week. Tis muchly cool. I suggest you check it out if you like the song =) It's not available 'new' anymore as the band split a while back (around 98 i think?) but it's great kinda grunge-pop to dance/jig/poke people to.


# We Will Become Silhouettes - The Shins

I FINALLY saw Garden State this week, and i was rather impressed, particularly with the soundtrack! It was fantastic. And when i heard an acoustic cover of Such Great Heights i was ready to explode! It turns out that cover (by Iron and Wine) featured on the single (/ep?) for Such Great Heights, along with this lovely cover by The Shins (who also feature on the Garden State soundtrack, thankyou Sub Pop records, hehe). Anyway, the day it arrived i must've listened to the lil 4 track cd about a dozen times, i love it! I think this track really stood out though, because, i really like the lyrics to WWBS, but it's never really been an *awesome* song for me. This acoustic version of it really does make it sound so much better to me, and yea. I love it. It's no Such Great Heights, but it's still beautiful :P

No comments:

Post a Comment