Friday, February 01, 2008

What you gonna spend your free life on?

I know, i know. Maybe more than anything this just shows that i need to get out more, but i like the idea of getting this blog back onto a regular thing. Yay =)
On with the show-ness...




# Head Spin - Jamestown Story

# Distant And Faded - Jamestown Story

So, i've bene looking at the random google referals i keep getting for this site, and this post is one of the most popular by far. The bands first album has come back into moderately heavy rotation in the kitchen at the moment. The one thing that bugs me about them is the name change. The've changed their name twice, starting out as ...and then i turned seven... , then like P!ATD have recently done, and in my mind equally crazy, they dropped the punctuation. However that wasn't good enough either, so And Then I Turned Seven became Jamestown Story. They're still good, and a name isn't everything, but at least for me it's one of the main reasons i'll check out a band in the first place, and i doubt i would have bothered with Jamestown Story? But oh well. You'll just have to take my word that they're coolies, heh.


# Frequently Baby (She's A Teenage Maniac) - Mêlée

Now this one's for all you pop-loving 'i don't care how sad you think this is possibly because i'm wasted' bouncy people out there. Or maybe just me. This band were recommended on the One:Day:Life Podcast a while back, and i really liked them. The whole album is really nice and has coolies lyrics, but this is the track that i love listening to the most. There's better on there, but I find addictive songs like this the best openers to really getting into them.


# Breathless - Dan Wilson

One of my all time favourite bands has to be Semisonic. They're brilliant, the All About Chemistry album especially is that great combination of soft-rockin' and amazing lyrics. Now, the band haven't really officially split up (they played a gig June '07 i believe), but they are all working on seperate projects. The lead singer, Dan Wilson, has realised a solo album that is easily on par with all the best of Semisonic. The song above is a perfect example, and for me the whole album keeps to the same quality. I ordered my copy through Newbury Comics and got a beautiful extra signed lyrics booklet. Well worth getting!

No comments:

Post a Comment