Wednesday, February 27, 2008

We live like vampires

It's been annoying me how many songs I want to tell everyone about at the moment. Lots of little bits and pieces keep cropping up. But I spose if i told you about them all it wouldn't be as fun =P
Anyway, just some randoms today.



# Slow Suicide - JamisonParker

I bought this album a while ago, purely based on the wonderful Here's Everything I've Always Meant To Say, but never really got into the rest of the album. Maybe i'll give it another go, as i somehow missed this song back then. It came up on shuffle, and i've fallen madly in love with it at the moment. Typical general-emo-ness but with a great tune to back it up that just makes me want to dance. Or, like, jiggidy flail. Yeah...

It's the smoke and the drinks, and the smiles that it brings, it's the pain and the sex, disguised as innocence.


# Do It Again! - You, Me, And Everyone We Know

Free songs are great. Free EPs are even better. I'm not even sure where I came across this band, but I was most certainly enticed by 8 whole tracks for free. What's strange about this band is they seem so familiar yet, not? For me they emit the vibes of Panic! [I refuse to drop that exclamation mark], Fall Out Boy and even Say Anything. You can get the whole EP here. I personally love the song title I'd Be More Interested If You Were Already Spoken For... I wonder why? =P
Oh, and, I've found the song title as Do It Again (You're Not Making Me Want To Touch You) which is probably the 'correct' way but i've already uploaded the song, so change it yourself in the unlikely event you care, heh.

I'm feeling wreckless and i feel the need to stress this, i'm stepping out and i'll do this 'til im somebody else.


# Imperfections - 2 Hour Parking

Saving money is considerably harder when albums you just *have* to buy crop up. I've wanted this cd for absolutely ages. I tried many times to get hold of it from various places but i just never could. Thankfully i was randomly looking at their myspace page the other day, and found a link (in the COMMENTS for fook sake) for buying the album from a print on demand supplier. Anyway, i love a number of songs on here, and have posted most of them already, but i thought i'd share another today.
This band are far from groundbreaking, but they have good lyrics and good tunes, and that's what counts.

In our hearts we both know that all my imperfections will never add up to all your high expectations.


# You And Me (demo) - One Night Only

Another Emma pick here (isn't she great?), this band seem to have appeared out of nowhere to be lauded by various radio presenters and music magazines as an up and coming Kooks-esq hit. On first listen i wasn't blown over by the album, but i've been distracted by lots of other things lately. It'll get another rotation soon enough i'm sure. One thing i did notice though was the massive drop in quality of this song, from the version Emma sent me to the album version. Admitadly, the album comes with three bonus downloads, including this version of the song. I think it sounds so much better, i'm not quite sure why they've toned down the track on cd. But anyway, it's still great. Albeit a bit cheesy.

People say, I only hear what I want to, that much is true. People say, I only see what I want to, so why do I see you?

1 comment:

  1. <3 You, Me, And Everyone We Know. *bounces* Woop woop!
    Blog more. *stares in an evil, yet entirely innocent way... maybe*

    ReplyDelete