Thursday, February 14, 2008

*That* day.



So far in my life, i've celebrated V day just the once, so, it's fairly easy to ignore. I mean, one day out of over 7,000 isn't really that big a deal to forget, heh. And apparently i had because i'd forgotten about the pasta. But anyway. Instead of going for anything remotely romantic, i thought today should be about music love, so here's the only four tracks that have a 5 star rating in my iTunes. All are gorgeous songs that i truely adore.
And yes i'm pretty sure all of these have been posted previously. I'm making an exception. It is Dan's 21st today after all...


# I Wish - Semisonic

From the awesome album All About Chemistry, this rather length song is a really beautiful yet somewhat emo ramble of love-ness. Obviously it's perfect for me, always wanting to be the sad little puppy or some such! It's still a gorgeous song, you can do so much for someone you care about, but you can't make them love you. You can't control how they feel about you and what you do. Continues to stay true. Maybe one day, i'll create some form of Pax deely...ok, may have just watched Serenity. Hushing.

I can climb the trees for you, twist in the breeze for you, but the one thing that I can never do, I can't believe for you, I can't believe in me for you.


# Self-Conclusion - The Spill Canvas

Suprise suprise I like a song about suicide. But this one's special. It's the lovely story of a girl, standing at the top of these cliffs, about to kill herself. But someone else is there. He just gives her a simple alternative. Give living another shot. It's just so...hmmm. Makes me happy.

Settle precious I know what you're going through, 'cause ten minutes before you got here I was gonna jump too.


# Dear You (Far Away) - Zebrahead

Ok, I don't really think many people i've ever spoken to have not been somehow forced to listen to MFZB, but there's a good reason for that. It's a brilliant album. And for all the awesome actchy and bouncy songs on there, i think this will remain my favourite part. After all the rest, all the heartache and problems, it all comes down to a calm chat and a drink. Ignoring The Fear of course...

She said that's right, i don't wanna leave now.


# Disintegration - Jimmy Eat World

I randomly picked up the 5 track Stay On My Side EP in HMV as soon as I saw it, not really sure such a short little cd could really be worth £6. However, it rapidly became my favourite Jimmy Eat World cd, and probably my favourite ever EP. This opening track, and an equally brilliant follow-up Over make this a must-have purchase. Or at least must-have download for all you scummy non-cd-buying student types =P

This poison comes instruction free. Do what you want, but i'm drinking.


On a slight tangent, i've finally switched over to using iSproggler for Scrobbling Last.fm tracks. It seems pretty good so far.

No comments:

Post a Comment