Sunday, March 19, 2006

Songs of the week

Despite missing last week's SOTW due to being too into Yellowcard, you still got to hear pretty much all the best stuff, heh. But this week i've got a trio of great songs to share with you...


# Let's Get Fucked Up And Die - Motion City Soundtrack

I can't get enough of this great song atm. It's another great little number from Commit This To Memory. It's a really great song with some fantastic lyrics, really following on from the previously posted Attractive Today to show what a great album this is. It's not about actually killing yourself, just about giving in for the moment, and getting *wasted* one way or another. Fantastic =)

"I believe i can overcome everything and beat this in the end, but i chose to abuse for the time being. Maybe i'll win but for now i've decided to die"


# The Artist In The Ambulance - Thrice

So Mike bought me the album of the same name for Christmas, and i've been slowly listening to it more and more, and this definately is currently my favourite track from it. All that time of not knowing *that song from Zest* i now sooo regret! It's brilliant with it's bouncy rocking-ness and great thinky-making topic-ness. Yea i'm great with those word things :D I know most of you will already have this, but, this is for the few who are even more behind me in loving it.

"Now i lay here owing my life to a stranger, and i realise empty words are not enough"


# What A Year For A New Year - Dan Wilson

Hopefully that name rings a bell. I love Mr Wilson. He's worked on the editing side of things with the Gabe Dixon Band who are *amazing*. Oh and he was in some band called *Semisonc* =P Seriously, if you like their stuff, you'll like his solo work. I have yet to venture into the older work with Trip Shakespeare, but i'll get round to it. A very personal sounding ballady type song all about the fresh new start we all need now again and really lovely :) I want this on a Semisonic album. Someone get them back together and make it happen. They are just, hmmm. I miss them :(

"And our world is almost beautiful again, what a day for a new day"

No comments:

Post a Comment