Sunday, February 05, 2006

Songs of the week

So a lots been going on for me musically this week, in the form of half a dozen new albums, some new stuff sent to me, and, new stuff discovered that i'd got already but hadn't fully appreciated :D Hehe.


# I Want You - The Kooks

Thankyou Rachel :) Hehe. She sent me this song and yea, it's fantastic. I especially love "give it me back" :D It just sounds so adorable, i just want to hug the band lots but i'm not *entirely* sure they'd appreciate that. Maybe i'll just hug Rachel instead... Anyway! This song along with You Don't Love Me convinced me to go out and buy the album during the week, and it's alright so far but haven't had much of a chance to listen to it, so, i'll try and keep you posted, heh.


# Your Ex-lover is Dead - Stars

This song turned up on shuffle play, and it really hit me. It's a gorgeous song, and a very lovely interpretation of meaningful yet unmeaningful relationships? Hehe. That ncie feeling of having enjoyed being with someone but not being hurt afterwards, a very elusive post-relationship feeling :P
It turns out it actually features on the latest OC soundtrack (i really should buy those, i like the songs muchly... I'm just not a huge fan of compilation albums that werent assembled by me!)

"Live through this and you won't look back"


As a little extra note, tomorrow's an exciting day! The Academy Is... album comes out over here (after waiting like a whole month i gave up and cancelled my amazon import order as soon as i found out!) AND Sugar, We're Goin' Down is *finally* being released as a long over-due single. I hope you go out and support the FoB too. I know they've become a bit annoyingly *big* now but don't forget why you like them - because they ROCK! Haha. Later this month also sees the release of A Fever You Can't Sweat Out as well as Panic's first single, I Write Sins Not Tragedies.
Long live Fueled By Ramen!!!!

1 comment:

  1. Yay...The Kooks! Other outstanding non-single album tracks are Naive and She Moves In Her Own Way, and iTunes also has an acoustic version of You Don't Love Me, full of acoustical goodness.

    ReplyDelete