Thursday, May 25, 2006

I'll make you crazy

So, it's almost the end of the month and this is only my second post =( I've just been a bit preocupied lately. I miss doing this though so i'll do my best to keep things a bit more lively in June. Should be a good month, seeing as i'll be turning 19, working full-time at Waterstones and, best of all, seeing Zebrahead! That's right, hehe. I'm off to Peterborough on the 9th of June to go see them and i'm already well excited =D
Anyway, enough of me, let's just get on with some music shall we?


# Love Punch - The Chalets

Ok, so, after like a week of lsitening to this track it suddenly hit me that i'd ehard it before. Where? The awesome PopWorld advert(see below). Or so i thought... I hadn't seen the advert for ages, and i've been having second thoughts about my blurred memory (it's amazing quite what you can combine when it's what you want to "hear"), The song in question is in fact White Trash - Junior Senior, so, where the fuck did i hear this track?! ARGH.
Oh, right, the song. Yea, it's awesome. The chalet's have a great little poppy-indie-bouncy vibe that i really enjoy. To me they feel like a more mature version of Ley Royal Scam. Great stuff.





# Nervous - DJ Fresh Ft. Mary Byker

So i've been paying more and more attention to HMV's New Music section/booklet/cd recently and here is one of the many rewards from it. The final track on the latest cd (May 06) is this wonderful little number. It has a very strong Pendulum vibe and i've become addicted to it in an amazingly short space of time. If you like Slam, try this.


# Crazy (live acoustic) - The Kooks

I believe this is a live lounge track (i'd listen to it more if it didn't always make me spend ages trying to track down the covers i adore!) and is an excellent cover of the already awesome (although sadly now overplayed) Gnarls Barkley track. It's got an insanely different feel to the whole song, which is great, although i must admit that the lead singers voice is *finally* starting to grate a little bit. I can't see a second album being so popular...


As a random extra, the following is the Lithuanian entry for Eurovision which i'm quite happy to say i didn't watch. However, Han got me to watch this video of their entry and i LOVE it! The song itself is oddly catchy and addictive, but, just watch it for the crazy bald man on the left! He's so relaxed and seemingly un-energetic untill about 90 seconds in... =D

No comments:

Post a Comment