Sunday, May 07, 2006

Are you feeling my disco?

I'm feelin a bit retro tonight. Thank Sarah actually, she got me thinking about two of the following songs, and, yea. It's amazing the songs you just forget about, even when you used to lsiten to them all the time *back in the day*. I miss these songs, and hope you do too?! =P


# Bother - Stone Sour

Currently still the only song i've heard by the band i've really liked, if anyone knows of any others that are on par, then by all means let me know! Until then, if you haven't heard this, well, listen to it... I'll admit, this has quite a Nickelback/Silverchair feel, and it's not overly happy, but i think the song's rather purdiful.

"Wish i was too dead to care, if indeed i cared at all..."


# I Feel So - Box Car Racer

Wonderful little angst song which made buying the album basically just for There Is (one of the most purdiful songs *ever*) muchly worthwhile. Great for when you're feeling really messed up and depressed, but also a damn good rockin listen when you just want something a bit *harder* and, angrier. Sitting inside all of us is the parent/life/tarffic warden hating daemon that needs to be fed.


# Voices - Disturbed

Talking of teenage angst... XD Hehe. The Sickness by Disturbed is an amazing album as a whole for being a messed up kid. It's something you can so easily get lost in, jump around and sing madly to, until you get pent up enough to let all your rage out on the nearest inanamate(sp?) object (in my case mostly the kitchen door). It's quite a odd song ("I'm gonna talk about some freaky shit now") but it's a perfect intro into the whole Sickness album. Get angry. Buy the album. Possibly the other way around. Actually...neither of those sounds good. Oh well, spread the anger. =P


# Running From Your Dad - Bowling For Soup

On a much lighter note, we have a great song, origianlly recomended to me by the, lets face it, insane, Libby =D This is a quality song that still makes me smile. It's not mature, i sincerly hope no one can actually relate to it, but with such an awesome chorus, who cares?!

"I can still see your dad, running after me with a shovel in his hand. I don't remember much after that..."

No comments:

Post a Comment