Sunday, May 28, 2006

Get in to: Simple Plan



I know i know, they're far from *new* or unknown these days, but i was sitting here, toying with a few different things to blog about (just sharing *new* songs can get a bit dull) and going through my media library, i realised how little i've ever really blogged on this band. Now, i'll admit, SP aren't renowned for being the coolest or most original band out there, but they've really got a lot of bouncy pop-punk-ness that really is great to jig around to. Hehe. Jig...


# Jump - Simple Plan

This song comes from their second album (Still Not Getting Any...) and is just an awesome "get hyper now" tune, all about enjoying the bouncy guitars and jumping around to energetically. Hopefully it's not just me... The song title does bode well =D But yea, it took a while for the song to grow on me, until it came on once when i was in the prefect mood for it. Just try this when you're really looking forward to going out after having a shite day. Pre-zest-heaven!


# I'm Just a Kid - Simple Plan

I'm sure most people have this track anyway, it's a perfect example of their first album, being a great little teen-angst song. I know now being 18+ somewhat dimishes the whole relating to it thing, but it's still a good song with a good tune. In the unlikely event you don't already own the first album (No pads no helmets...just balls) and you like this song, buy it now. In fact, buy it anyway. If only for Perfect. Everyone has that already though =P


# Happy Together - Simple Plan

This cover was used for Freaky Friday. I'm fully aware the film had Lindsey Lohan in it, but it wasn't too shabby! Especially the soundtrack in fact, which besides the horrid little princess herself also included the awesome likes of Bowling For Soup (covering Baby One More Time) and American Hi-Fi. Anyway, this song appears right at the beginning and really got me liking the film from the start, hehe.


# What's New Scooby Doo? - Simple Plan

I had to finish off with this track. The band actually featured in a whole episode which i haven't seen in ages. Not that i'm a secret massive Scooby Doo fan. I just happen to have seen a fair few episodes, and the live show... Totally for Bradley of course. It was rather good though! So were the Chuckle Brothers. Oh dear, when should i have stopped?

2 comments:

  1. Send me perfect please, because I don't have it anymore and I haven't found it online yet.
    Boo hiss raa.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Scratch that. I've found it.

    ReplyDelete