Thursday, August 31, 2006

Get in to: The Format


Right, i've been nice about this. I've tried my best. Now, those who haved paid attention to my recomendation of this band have been very happy with the discovery, but there's a lot of you akward buggers being stubborn. I don't think you get it. They. Are. Great. I like to try and think of it as a cross between Bright Eyes and Dogs Die In Hot Cars. But also nothing like that =P Oh sod it, on with the songs.


# The First Single - The Format

Now most mp3 blogs have already featured lots of random Format tracks already, so, to try and be a bit different, i thought i'd pick a single track from each of the two EPs and two albums. First up comes from, as far as i'm aware, their first release, purely titled EP. The track above is actually also the opening track for the following album; Interventions & Lullabies, but the version here is much more rough, and personally i just love the "one two three four" at the beginning (because i'm weird). I've left the title as purely The First Single because i believe it was only altered to The First Single (Cause A Scene) for the single release. I'm sure you're very excited to know such important information *sighs*. Moving on...

"Let's cause a scene, clap our hands and stomp our feet, or something, yeah something, i just gotta get myself, over me."


# Wait, Wait, Wait - The Format

Coming from Interventions & Lullabies, this is the second track and is a lovely little number. I love how soft and relaxed it feels, but then how bouncy the chorus kicks in. It's an excellent combination that really gives the song some *oomf* I'm sure that has a correct spelling but i have no idea what it might be.

"The song won't stop 'til the tape runs out"


# Janet - The Format

This version of Janet comes from the Snails EP, wich is available on its own, but personally i picked it up as part of the combo pack from here. It's another great happy bouncy song that just, god, i wish i had've had all this tracks for the entire summer, but sadly i just didn't get hold of most of their stuff until too late. I guess there's always next year...

"I'm falling in love with you balloons or no balloons, so it's time i forget the past and just learn to love what i have, 'cause i love waking up to your laugh."


# The Compromise - The Format

Finally, i think the hardest choice is the track to pick from Dog Problems. It's a great album and the one that really is grabbing the Format new fans by the hundreds if not thousands. If you're still not sure about this band, get hold of this album. I really don't think there's anyway anyone could regret it. It's so, awesome! And, of course, it has dogs on the cover. DOGS! =D Anyway, a few people have told me this is their favourite track off the album, and i've just wacked it up as i'm finding it increasingly difficult to pick any tracks out over the rest.

"Meet me in the middle, well come on lets make up a dance, and we'll agree to call it the compromise."


And that's The Format. I could chuck on a demo or acoustic track on the end here, but i'm not gonig to. Four tracks. Lsiten to them. Love them. BUY THE ALBUMS!

1 comment:

  1. The correct spelling, I believe, is "oomph"

    ReplyDelete